Helpful Hints for Sharing Valentine's Day With Your Dog
Bark Busters Home Dog Training Offers Tips for Treating Your Dog
on Valentine’s Day
- Give your pampered pooch a new toy. Nothing says “Be My Valentine” like some pink and red heart-shaped toys. Your pooch will get hours of enjoyment out of these new toys. Plus, those cute little toys scattered throughout the house are just little reminders of how much you love your pup.
- Spend quality time with your pet. Schedule a "pet spa day" and indulge your pooch. An aromatherapy spa treatment will relax your dog’s cares away. Start with a warm bath and blow dry, and finish with a well-deserved massage. Your dog will return home rejuvenated.
- Try a night away for two! Getting out of town with your pooch is a fun way to bond outside of the home. Whether you go down the road or somewhere exotic, there are many dog-friendly hotels that are more then happy to accommodate you and your pup.
- Get some exercise. A spirited walk and a picnic in your local dog park is a great way to get some exercise and spend some quality time together. Who knows; maybe your canine will find a valentine, too!
- If outdoor therapy isn’t for your dog, maybe a little retail therapy is! Spend some time together on a shopping spree at your favorite pet retailer or boutique. Clothing and accessories aren’t the only things that will spoil your dog. How about a luxury pet bed that will send your dog to an ultra comfortable dream world?
- Dinner and a movie are a fun way to spend Valentine’s Day with your beloved pooch. Pick your favorite animal-related movie, and curl up on the sofa with your pup and your favorite snacks, but be sure your furry friend stays away from any sweets, especially chocolate, which can be very dangerous. What’s better than a good movie, fun food, a blanket and a best friend?
- Cross off your annual vet check-up from your list. An annual vet visit for a thorough check means extra peace of mind on this special day. On the way home, pick up some gourmet treats at a local pet retailer or pet boutique. You best friend will deserve to have his tummy pampered after a very important check up.
It doesn’t really matter how you spoil your dog this Valentine’s Day, as long as you both have fun. Whether you opt for simple or extravagant, make it a safe and enjoyable holiday for both you and your furry friend.
About Bark Busters:
Bark Busters, the world's largest, most trusted dog training company, started in Australia in 1989 and came to the United States in 2000. Since inception, more than 400,000 dogs have been trained worldwide using its dog-friendly, natural methods. With 240+ franchised offices in 41 states and more than 400 offices in 10 countries, Bark Busters is continuing its mission to build a global network of dog behavioral therapists to enhance responsible dog ownership and reduce the possibility of maltreatment, abandonment and euthanasia of companion dogs. Bark Busters is the only international dog training company that offers a written lifetime guarantee. Therapists will provide future sessions free of charge if problem behaviors recur, or if any new problems develop.