Leaders Have a Vision
This is where the leader defines the vision and direction and communicates with what the organization stands for and wants to accomplish. This is where specific goal-setting comes into play. Once the people are clear on where they are going, the leader shifts to one of being service-minded, or how do you make the dream happen? People are longing to follow a leader, a leader who has determination and humility. The true sign of a great leader is when they see things going well, they will look around and give others the credit. Most people will not admit to being a self-serving leader, but we often observe it.
Many people believe that their power is in their position; not true. Your Power comes from the people whose lives you touch. The shift from a self- serving leader to one of servitude is a change of mind-set and heart.
As an entrepreneur, I believe that my leadership role needs to reflect the needs of the people I serve, and that I need to be a coach and supporter in assisting them to come into their greatness and help them to manifest their Visions and Dreams.
A Leaders Point of View
In taking a look at your leadership point of view, you should be able to answer a few questions:
- Who are the Primary influencers in you life? What do you or are you learning form them, good
- or not so good?
- Think of your Life purpose. Why are you here, and what do you want to accomplish?
- Which values will be at the forefront of your behavior? What will be guiding your thoughts and actions as you live your life “on purpose” Success is a value, but so are wealth, relationships, learning and community. You can certainly have more than one value, but if your core value is integrity, then the way you go about gaining financial freedom must have only actions of integrity.
- What are your beliefs about leadership and motivation of others? Again, take a look at your core values. Your belief about how you will lead others will stem from your Primary influencers.
- What can the people who look up to you expect from you? You “do leadership with people”, not something “you do to people”. Let your associates know what they can expect from you and where your boundaries are so there will be no disappointments or surprises.
- What do you expect from your associates? Because you are in partnership with people, they should know what you expect from them as well.
- Setting an example… Walk your talk. Learned behavior is setting an example of the core values and behaviors you are encouraging and expecting. Simplify things, you should have a turn-key system, paint by number approach when first implementing leadership so that you are able to grow and nurture others to their greatness and leadership roles.
HOW CAN WE LEAD AND ASSIST OTHERS TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL?
Why Positive Psychology?
- • There is too little information on potential There are 60 to
negative vs. positive articles written
• In the 1960’s the average mean onset of depression was at the age of 29.5 ;Today it is age 14.5
- • Genes = Potential (not true)
• Genes + Environment = Potential (not true)
S: Self Esteem: how much we believe in ourselves / self efficacy (our ability to see our successes)
T: Training: Visualization research- when visualizing, visualize the journey as well & it is significantly more effective
A: Action: activation energy- the energy required to initiate the reaction (must have the energy to do the action. If you lack the energy to do the thing you want to do, reduce the activation energy it takes to do it.
E: Externals: - how an event impacts a person
S: State of Mind: how we conceive what we experience determines the result of it.
VISUALIZE THE JOURNEY ----NOT JUST THE OUTCOME!!!!
State of Mind
Happiness is a precursor to success, not merely a result.
Increase your happiness before doing a task to attain it. Think of things that make you happy
- • prior to doing an activity that you may not like as much
• Devote your resources to your strengths, not to your weaknesses.
• Find something that you are good at and challenge yourself to do it better!
• Five hugs per day increases happiness.
Most People Fail in Life because they aim too low and HIT, not because they aim too High!
- • Someone’s opinion of you does NOT have to be your
For you to achieve something you have never had, you must become someone you’ve never been.
BEING THE MESSENGER…
The most difficult thing one has to do is believe they can do it.
• People suffer from possibility blindness.
The unconscious mind is the battleground and we have the secret weapon. If there is an argument between the heart and the mind, always follow your heart- Your Intuition
There is someone that can only hear your voice…it could be you, and only you, that can release their imprisoned splendor….Don’t be a Volunteer Victim
87% of people go to work jobs they hate. The only thing they hate more is the thought of getting fired! They are, in essence, volunteer victims.
It’s not what you don’t have that keeps you from being successful…
It’s what you think you need.
Protect your vision.
- • Not everyone will get it!
• Have someone to hold that vision with and for you.
• Until then, hold it yourself.
• Provide more in service than what you get paid for.
And if with all this people think you’re nuts….know this:
THE BEST REVENGE IS MASSIVE SUCCESS!!
Live full, die empty. Don’t leave anything on the table
YOU DESERVE THE LIFE YOU’VE DREAMED OF and THE WORLD DESERVES YOU TO HAVE IT!
Because Freedom means me being a messenger.
Have a look below…
Liberty League International is the leading direct sales company in the multi-billion dollar industry of personal development. We are bridging the gap between the potential one comes to realize through personal growth with having the vehicle to acquire wealth.