In 2003, We Olive opened its first store with the vision of creating a place for California's artisan growers to market fresh, delicious and healthy extra virgin olive oil - a place to share our passion for olive oil and its culinary pleasures. Today, with 10 stores throughout California, We Olive is a leading retailer of artisan-produced California extra virgin olive oil. For us, it’s all about ‘The Olive Oil Experience’ – to provide our customers the opportunity to enjoy California’s finest Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
We Offer Choice – traditional We Olive or a We Olive & Wine Bar
Traditional We Olive retail stores offer complimentary tastings of artisan-produced olive oil daily. We also offer a wide selection of hand-crafted gourmet foods that enhance the culinary experience of olive oil as well as an array of unique, beautiful gift items. We’ve developed a ‘Rewards’ program and diverse educational programs to offer our customers. All enjoyed in an elegant, old world interactive tasting room setting.
We Olive & Wine Bar was created as a place to share our love of both great food and wine. We hand-select rare, artisan wines from distinct regions throughout California. Wine is available by the taste, glass and bottle. We Olive & Wine Bar also offers a selection of small plates that feature olive oil and other We Olive products. We Olive & Wine Bar provides charming, intimate destination for locals and tourist alike to experience and become educated about wine, olive oil and delicious, simply prepared healthful foods.
Leaders in an Emerging Growth Industry
Greater awareness of the delicious, healthful benefits of olive oil has increased American’s appetite for olive oil – consumption has exploded in recent years. While California produces 99% of all olive oil produced in the US, it accounts for only 1% of all olive oil consumed in the US – 99% being imported. The national trend toward locally sourced, artisan products bodes well for growth of California’s nascent olive oil industry – it’s where California’s wine industry was not so long ago. We Olive has been at the forefront of promoting California-produced olive oil for nearly a decade. As strong advocates of California growers and this blossoming artisan trend, We Olive is well positioned as a leader in an emerging growth industry.
Multiple opportunities to generate revenue
We Olive Franchising provides:
- Retail sales:
- Extra virgin olive oils
- Balsamic vinegars
- Gourmet foods
- Elegant gift items – olive wood, ceramics and more
- Gift baskets
- Wine Bar:
- Wines by the taste, glass and bottle
- Offsite sale of wine by the bottle
- Specialty hand-crafted beers
- Small plates that feature We Olive products
- Private events
- Corporate Business Gift Program
- Brand recognition - We Olive is recognized as a leading source for California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and gourmet products that enhance the culinary experience of olive oil. The We Olive brand stands for fun, healthy, delicious artisan products enjoyed in an elegant, old world interactive tasting room atmosphere.
- Innovation – We Olive continues to create new and exciting ways to grow and maintain our leadership role in the industry. The company has expanded its base of loyal consumers and has increased revenue streams with new wine bar tasting rooms, prepared foods, events and gift collections that target both retail and businesses customers.
- Support – Franchisees receive a solid structure needed to build a successful, sustainable business:
- Vendors - We Olive sources only the finest quality suppliers, including artisan-produced California Extra Virgin Olive Oil certified by the California Olive Oil Council. Since all handcrafted food products are available for tasting at We Olive stores, only the finest gourmet foods, wines and gifts are made available to the consumer.
- Training – Franchisees learn how to manage all aspects of the store, including processes for store opening and ongoing sales growth. We also provide extensive educational opportunities regarding olive oil production, sensory qualities and culinary application.
- Marketing – With an established identity, advertising, public relations and interactive marketing expertise, the We Olive marketing team has generated awareness and traffic for each franchisee and cultivated a loyal base of repeat customers.
- Operations – From hiring and customer service training to store layout, merchandizing and inventory control, the We Olive operational team provides support for ongoing success.
- Locations –The We Olive® franchising team is involved with identifying trade areas that will succeed. In general, the preferred locations include: a popular tourist shopping locale, downtown street location, urban central retail district shopping area, high visibility suburban retail center or other high population retail store areas with the appropriate space for the type of We Olive® store you select.
- A passion for great food and wine. Industry experience is not as important as passion.
- A strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- A strong desire to connect with their community, and take a hands-on approach to managing their business.
- A commitment to being a team member of the We Olive brand and developing their business according to the concept.
- Adequately capitalized for success — meet minimal financial requirements and possess an excellent credit score.
Do you want to share your passion for delicious, healthy gourmet foods with the support of a proven franchise team behind you? To learn more, simply fill out the short Request For Information.