The Best Franchisee Is An Educated Franchisee
For every one person who buys a franchise, thousands more wonder if they should. They don’t because they don’t feel comfortable. That is, they don’t believe they know enough about franchising to make a wise decision.
“What people don’t know about franchising is what keeps them from making the decision to buy one,” says Dr. John Hayes, who teaches The A to Zs of Buying a Franchise at the International Franchise Expo. “And that’s a shame because a franchise may be the ticket to success. Why deprive yourself of something that would change your life for the better when all you have to do is get some basic information about it?
You can get that “basic information” at the The A to Zs of Buying a Franchise at the International Franchise Expo June 18-20th, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York City. Thousands of franchise prospects will visit the IFE from across America and some 90 countries and they will find 400+ franchise opportunities priced from below $10,000 to more than $1-million. Now’s the time to register for the symposium – it always sells out. You can learn more and register at Ifeinfo.com under the Conference tab. When you register for the symposium your admission to the exhibition is free!
“I make people several promises at the beginning of the symposium,” explains Hayes. “First, I will not sell them a franchise – the purpose of the symposium is to give them information that will help them decide if they should or should not buy a franchise.
“Second, I will tell them the good, the bad, and the ugly about franchising. This is not a rally for franchising. Third, I promise that they’ll know more about franchising than 99.9% of the people in the world at the end of the symposium. And finally, I promise not to sell them anything during or after the symposium.”
For nearly a quarter century of teaching this symposium, Hayes continues to deliver on his promises. The A to Zs of Buying a Franchise is the IFE’s most popular and highly rated symposium. Thousands of people have discovered the “basic information” they needed at this symposium, and you will, too.
Here’s a sneak peak at what you’ll discover during the symposium:
- Franchising works because it’s a system. Actually, says Hayes, it’s a series of systems. He’ll teach you how to evaluate the systems. “The best franchise brands have developed very effective, teachable and adaptable systems. That’s what you want to buy.”
- Not everyone is cut out to be a franchisee. Hayes gives you an assessment that helps you decide if franchising makes sense for you.
- Disclosure is a key to franchising’s success. American franchise brands willingly disclose critical information about their businesses. Hayes shows you how to ask for that information and how to interpret it!
- He also shows you how to use the franchisor’s disclosure information to answer your #1 concern about franchising: “Will it work for me?”
- You’ll better understand franchise fees, including the ongoing royalty fee. “Your accountant might tell you it’s too high,” explains Hayes, “but your accountant probably doesn’t understand franchising!”
- Plus you’ll get a list of questions you should ask franchisors and franchisees. The symposium includes a free copy of 101 Questions to Ask Before You Invest in a Franchise, one of several bestsellers written by Hayes.
The A to Zs of Buying a Franchise is sponsored by United Franchise Group, which markets five franchise brands. Register now for the symposium and bring your family and business partners. “After the symposium,” says Hayes, “you won’t be afraid to invest in a franchise, or not. Most importantly, you’ll be comfortable with yoiur decision because you’ll have a solid basic education”
Franchising: A Restaurant’s Fixed and Variable Expenses
Restaurants are faced with two types of costs – fixed and variable costs. It’s important know how each behaves. By honing in on the cost structure of your restaurant, you may start to identify patterns and trends that will affect your profitability.
More Than Luck
If you are one of the growing numbers of folks interested in franchising, you are at the right place. Reading articles and taking in the expert opinions are important parts of your due diligence
The Benefits of Owning a Cosmetic Store Franchise
A cosmetic store franchise can be a great business to run. There are many benefits to owning a cosmetic store franchise and this article will go over a few of them.