Identify the perfect franchise for you! Take our short quiz Take our free franchise quiz!
Identify the perfect franchise for you! Take our short quiz Take our free franchise quiz!
Identify the perfect franchise for you! Take our short quiz Take our free franchise quiz!

Different Types of SBA Loans

In this video, we outline the 3 different types of SBA loans available to startup and existing companies. It is the most common loan type because the SBA backs a significant amount of the loan which reduces the risk of the lender. The main types of SBA loans & their key characteristics are as follows:

• SBA Express Loans (part of the Small Loan Advantage 2 program)

Collateral - business collateral only

Loan amount - Capped at $350K.

Down Payment – 10% minimum

Repayment Term – 10 years

Comments - One lender specializes in a $150K working capital loan that closes quickly!

• SBA 7(a) Loans

Collateral – Business and personal assets up to the loan amount

Loan Amount – Up to $5MM

Down Payment – Typically 20% - 30%

Repayment Term – 10 years

Comments – Loan can be used for renting location or purchasing real estate, equipment, buildout, working capital

• SBA 504 Loans

Collateral – Real Estate being purchased

Loan Amount – Up to $10MM

Down Payment – Typically 10%

Repayment Term – 25 years

Comments – Loan can be used purchasing after renting a location, construction, and equipment only. Location must be 51% owner occupied so the other 49% can be rented to a tenant.

There are many benefits of using the SBA 7(a) program to finance your business. There is only one monthly debt payment which is amortized over the longest repayment term available with no significant prepayment penalty. The use of funds is nearly unlimited to any legitimate business purpose. Since the SBA 7(a) loan is backed by the federal government, it offers the lowest APR available. Consequently, we recommend you strongly consider this form of financing for the wide variety of uses that this flexible loan product offers for business financing.

For more information, please contact Paul Bosley, Health Club Experts.com dba Business Finance Depot. paul@businessfinancedepot.com ; (800) 788-3884 ; www.businessfinancedepot.com 

Paul Bosley Managing Member
Support Your Franchisees with Hyperlocal Social Media Marketing

Take the right steps to easily support your franchisees with hyperlocal social media marketing. Social media is a cost-effective way to drive consumer growth and consumers expect their favorite brands to have a social media presence.

As Art Imitates Life, so does International Development

In International Development we must carefully weigh the options: do we establish a Master Franchise or is an Area Development Agreement best suited for the organization.

A Failure To Communicate

Internal marketing should then be seen as relationship marketing instead of consumer marketing. There are several things that franchise systems can do to elevate their internal marketing.